Bloomy dating site ibba online dating
The Sun public house, is a fine example of Victorian decorative brickwork, and makes a positive contribution to the Conservation Area.
The Conservation Area also comprises open parkland of historical importance, including the grounds of Carshalton House Estate (which contains St.
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission lists 78 civilian casualties in Carshalton during World War II.
From 1894 to 1965 Carshalton formed part of the Carshalton Urban District.
The Wrythe lies between Carshalton village to the south and St Helier to the north-west.
Its name is thought to derive from the rye that was once grown in this area, or from the Anglo-Saxon word rithe which means a small stream.
During the time of the Roman occupation of the British Isles, a small spring was situated near the green, now adjacent to a BP garage.
There was also an area of open downland in the south of the parish for grazing sheep. The meaning of the Cars element is uncertain but early spellings (Kersaulton and Cresaulton) may indicate connection with a cross or perhaps cress, watercress having been grown locally.
Carshalton-on-the-Hill is the residential area on the high chalk upland ground to the south of Carshalton Park from Boundary Road in the east, Chrichton Road/Queen Mary's Avenue/Diamond Jubilee Way in the west and the smallholdings of Little Woodcote to the south.
In the heart of Carshalton-on-the-Hill is Stanley Park (which is often used as a term to describe the area).
In addition to Honeywood Museum, there are several other cultural features in Carshalton, including the Charles Cryer Theatre and an art gallery in Oaks Park.
It is also home to the Sutton Ecology Centre, and every year an environmental fair is held in Carshalton Park to the south of the village.